Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Are my fallopian tubes blocked?

Are my fallopian tubes blocked?

Q: I am a 30 years old married woman who had a missed abortion. Recently I had taken Letrozole. I ovulated with a dominant follicle in my right ovary on 14th day of my cycle. We had intercourse on 13th and 14th day of my cycle. But I have not conceived. What could be the probable reason? Are my tubes blocked? What are the symptoms of blocked fallopian tubes? I have regular periods. I also experience burning sensation after having intercourse.

A:Get checked out for genital or urinary tract infection. For tubal block, you need to be evaluated by a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) or diagnostic laparoscopy and then treated accordingly. If eggs are not forming, you need egg forming medication after testing tubes. If tubes are blocked, they can be opened by surgery or you can go for in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) depending on tube condition, type and number of blocks. If finances are a constraint or you cannot afford treatment, then first get financial stability and then adopt a child. The procedure for adoption can take many years - so you can start right now if there are other causes for infertility, like infection, hormone imbalance or excessive weight then they can be treated by a gynaecologist, endocrinologist and physician.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com