Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » After how much time can I get back to my routine after a retina implant?

After how much time can I get back to my routine after a retina implant?

Q: I am scheduled for a laser retina implant. I am eager to know after how much time can I get back to reading/using my computer/cooking and other normal household chores? I also want to know when could I go back to my morning /evening walks in the park?

A:The nature of your retinal problem is not mentioned in your mail. The time to resume daily activities depends on the nature of retinal surgery/laser which is based on the nature of disease. However, after most retinal surgeries, the patient can start going for walks after a week, reading/using computer after 2-3 weeks and cooking after a month. All this, of course depends on the level of comfort and amount of visual recovery.