Dr. Deepak Gupta, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, MD, DNB, DCAP (London, UK), is one of the well known child & adolescent psychiatrists in India. He specializes in dealing with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), ADHD, emotional behavioral difficulties, trauma, school refusal and other mental health challenges in children, adolescents and young people. He is deeply committed to working with families with a child on the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) across India, Asia and UK.
He is associated with Sir Ganga Ram Hospital (SGRH), since 2004 and is the founder and director of Centre for Child and Adolescent Well Being (CCAW), New Delhi that was established in 2005. At CCAW, he has a team of specialized professionals; Special Educators, Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapist and Psychologists who have been catering to the needs of the society in the field of child & adolescence mental health for over a decade under his guidance and supervision. Dr. Deepak is also a mental health consultant at the Udayan Care, NGO, New Delhi.
- Dr. Deepak Gupta has been working extensively in the field of child & adolescent mental health since the year 2000.
- He received the Donald Cohen Fellowship (ESCAP, Italy) and was nominated honorary member of the prestigious American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (USA).
- Dr. Deepak is the President of Delhi Psychiatric Society, 2014 - 2016.
- Recently in April 2016, he became a fellow of Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs (MEDMAPS) from United States of America. • He is one of the few qualified psychiatrists in India who is a trained Biomedical Practitioner, DAN (Defeat Autism Now, Dallas, Texas, 2009) MEDMAPS, USA (2012, 2013, 2016).
- He is a trained EMDR practitioner (EMDR Association USA and INDIA, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012).
- Dr. Deepak has been a member of Working Group 'Empowering the Disabled' and 'Adolescent Development', for the XIth Plan (2007-2012), Government of India.
- He has conducted workshops at various schools and colleges and has delivered lectures at national and International conferences for doctors and mental health professionals.
- He is also an honorary member of the advisory panel of the Akhil Autism Foundation, New Jersey.
Dr. Deepak truly believes that every child has the potential to grow despite the limitations when provided with the right nurturance and care.