Causes of breast cancer
Women who begin menstruating before the age of 12 years or stop after 55 years are more at risk for developing breast cancer.
- Cancer may run in families. The risk for breast cancer increases for a woman if one or more of her family members suffer from the disease.
- Women who begin menstruating before the age of 12 years or stop after 55 years are more at risk for developing breast cancer.
- Women who have not borne children or have had children late in their life (usually after the age of 30) are also more at risk.
- Obesity or overweight is a condition that is associated with an increased risk of breast cancer.
- Other factors like excessive drinking of alcohol and lack of exercise are also risk factors for breast cancer.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.