Tips for healthy nails
To prevent chipping of nails, wear hand gloves while doing any kind of housework, like scrubbing the bathroom.
- Increase the consumption of food that items rich in vitamin A such as apricots, broccoli, carrot and cheese and calcium such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and almonds if your nails are too brittle and dry.
- To prevent unnecessary chipping of nails, wear hand gloves while doing any kind of housework, be it doing the dishes or scrubbing the bathroom.
- Drink plenty of water and fresh fruit juices. It will help keep your body, and in turn your nails, well hydrated.
- Never ever use an acetone-based or formaldehyde-based nail-polish remover. Rather, stick to a remover that has acetate in it.
- Deficiency of vitamin B 12 can lead to dryness, rounded and curved ends and darkening of nails. So, make sure to include enough of the vitamin in your diet.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.