Tips for a healthy pregnancy
Discover the joys of pregnancy and learn more about how to care for your growing baby during these crucial nine months.
- Eat five or six well-balanced meals each day. Drink plenty of fluids, at least eight to ten glasses a day, avoiding caffeine and artificial coloring.
- Take a pregnancy exercise class or walk at least 15 to 20 minutes every day at a moderate pace. Walk in cool, shaded areas or indoors in order to prevent overheating.
- Get adequate sleep, at least eight hours a night. If you're suffering from sleep disturbances, take naps during the day and seek your physician's advice.
- Wear comfortable, non-restricting shoes and put your feet up several times a day to prevent fatigue and swelling of the feet, legs, and ankles.
- Take a prenatal vitamin each day as directed by your obstetrician.