Tips for a healthy pregnancy
Discover the joys of pregnancy and learn more about how to care for your growing baby during these crucial nine months.
- Eat five or six well-balanced meals each day. Drink plenty of fluids, at least eight to ten glasses a day, avoiding caffeine and artificial coloring.
- Take a pregnancy exercise class or walk at least 15 to 20 minutes every day at a moderate pace. Walk in cool, shaded areas or indoors in order to prevent overheating.
- Get adequate sleep, at least eight hours a night. If you're suffering from sleep disturbances, take naps during the day and seek your physician's advice.
- Wear comfortable, non-restricting shoes and put your feet up several times a day to prevent fatigue and swelling of the feet, legs, and ankles.
- Take a prenatal vitamin each day as directed by your obstetrician.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.