Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Women - menstrual problem (spotting)

Women - menstrual problem (spotting)

Q: I am 23 yr old. I got married in January 2002. Since then I am having problem with my menstrual cycle. I am having spotting after every 40 days, which was the normal cycle period for me earlier as well. But I cant say I am having normal periods. I had a problem with my periods couple of years back as well, that time I used to have very heavy discharge, I had consulted a doctor and with medication, things were back to normal. Before marriage I was not sexually active. Even now my husband is not staying with me. He visits me once in 6-7 weeks. I consulted a doctor this time too. According to her, it is probably due to hormonal changes, but she hasnt performed any tests yet. She said she will do tests if the problem persists. But I am very scared as I was told that it may affect the reproduction capability. Can you please help me here?

A:You must get an ultrasound evaluation done of the endometrial lining of your uterus on the second or third day of your so called menstrual bleeding which you say is very scanty. If the thickness is more than 4 mm at this time it is abnormal, and you need to have a hysteroscopy with D&C done and all the curetted material need to be sent for histopathological evaluation then only one could confirm if there is a problem or not.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com