Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why wasn’t pregnancy detected during laparoscopy?

Why wasn’t pregnancy detected during laparoscopy?

Q: My 33 years old wife is 18 weeks pregnant. She underwent hysteroscopic and laparoscopy three months back, which came out normal. Only both tubes are tabular and slightly dilated but there is no adhesion. She also underwent a dye test. My wife’s last period happened five months back. After that, laparoscopy was done. How is it possible that pregnancy was undetectable during laparoscopy? She is on these medicines – Tidilan, Folvite, Ferronine (60 mg), Microgest (200 mg) and injection Ovutrig HP -5000 IU (weekly). Can the prescribed medicines affect pregnancy?

A:Early pregnancy that is soon after implantation in uterus cannot be detected easily. I guess your doctor did advise you not to have unprotected sex after LMP and before the operation? I usually perform these procedures soon after menses - and if impossible to schedule it to ensure the couple has abstained or had contraception.

From the USG it seems she has conceived in the cycle during hystero-laparoscopy. Unbelievable that pregnancy has continued despite dye test. It is almost a miracle. Ensure the USG has been done by an experienced person and your doctor will correlate it with his physical examination findings. I do not think there is need for the injections at this stage - no side effects on baby but why give without any use? Tidilan and progesterone are probably being given empirically to prevent abortion (if your wife has been assessed at high risk).

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.