Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why is Myoril contraindicated during breast feeding?

Why is Myoril contraindicated during breast feeding?

Q: This is for my wife who is a mother of a 7 months old baby and breast feeding. One doctor asked her to take Etoxib and Myoril tablets once daily after dinner. But I read that this tablet is contraindicated during breast feeding. So is it safe to take it? Is there any alternate medicine, which is safe during breast feeding?

A:Myoril is the brand name; the medicine it contains is called thiocolchicoside. It is not sold in most developed countries such as US, UK, Ireland, Australia etc. It should not be taken by breast-feeding women. I do not know why Etoxib (etoricoxib) was given to the patient. Its use during breast-feeding is prohibited. For aches and pains, the safest drug during lactation is paracetamol (such as Crocin).