Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why does my son get headache frequently?

Why does my son get headache frequently?

Q: My 10 years old son has very curly hair. I have noticed that when his hair grows a lot, he starts having frequent headaches. He has a poor appetite and eats very less. His weight is 20 kg and height is 3.0 feet. Is his headaches associated with the hair growth or his lack of appetite? Please advise.

A:The headaches are unrelated to hair growth. A common cause of headaches in children besides fever and upper respiratory tract infections, is migraine. In case one of the parent has headaches, and the child gets headaches when he has missed meals, gone out in the sun, had lack of sleep, watched too much TV; and the headache is associated with nausea or vomiting, dislike for loud sounds and bright lights, has stomach aches, and is relieved by sleep; then the cause is likely migraine. In case the headaches are frequent (> 1/week) and cause him to miss school, then preventive medications for migraine may be required. In the meantime ensure that the child sleeps early, drinks plenty of fluids, does not miss breakfast, restrict TV to 1 hour, avoid chocolates and colas.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.