Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why does my mouth water excessively?

Why does my mouth water excessively?

Q: My mouth waters excessively. As a result I have to spit a lot. What is the cause, symptom and treatment for this condition?

A:The problem of excessive watering in the mouth can be related to gastroesophageal reflux. In this situation, there is reflux of acid from stomach into the food pipe, and this leads to increased salivation, reflexly. It is important to know whether you have any symptoms of heartburn, upper abdominal burning sensation, any relation of your symptoms with the type of food you take, etc. It may be a good idea to take symptomatic treatment in the form of acid suppressants and prokinetic drugs, which your doctor can prescribe. If needed, an upper GI endoscopy may be done. Also look for local dental problems.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.