Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why does my baby's body temperature keep fluctuating?

Why does my baby's body temperature keep fluctuating?

Q: My daughter is seven months old and she was born premature. Since two weeks, her body becomes hot and after some time it becomes cold. Why is this happening?

A:A newborn baby's body temperature is very labile according to the environmental temperature. They may become cold if exposed to AC or cold environment and may become warm if over-wrapped or kept in warm environment. Keep the room temperature in the range of 26-28 degree Celsius and make sure her hands and feet are not cold to touch. If she appears warm, you may reduce her clothing and make the room temperature more comfortable.