Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why do I have loose motions?

Why do I have loose motions?

Q: I am a 21 years old woman having a bowel problem for the last three weeks. I have loose motions but at normal frequency (once daily). Initially, I took Immodium for two days during, which it was normal so I discontinued it. Then again the problem recurred. The doctor told me to take Ciplox TZ daily. When I did, I got constipated and had to discontinue it. Now again, the motions are loose. Please advise.

A:It is possible that you have a mild irritable bowel disease and in the first few months, you should simply do nothing except to take Imodium if your stools are very loose. Things may settle down over the next few months, but if they don't you will need to see a Gastroenterologist for specific advice. Also try and see if there are any particular foodstuffs that worsen your symptoms, especially wheat products.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.