Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why do I have high microalbumin level?

Why do I have high microalbumin level?

Q: I am a 36 years old man having microalbumin level at 99.8 mcg/ml in my urine sample; creatinine is 199.97 mg/dl, UA/C ratio is at 49.91 ug/mg. My HbA1c is 4.6% and my average blood glucose level is 67.18 mg/dl. What could be the cause for such a high level of microalbumin? What course of action should be taken?

A:You do have increased leakage of protein (albumin) into urine, which is a sign of early kidney injury. Common causes include diabetes and hypertension. An evaluation by a nephrologist would help evaluate your kidneys further by undertaking some tests including urine analysis and 24-hour urine to quantify amount of protein leakage, and series of blood tests to rule out nephritis (characterised as inflammation of kidneys). Also make sure that your blood pressure is well controlled while avoiding kidney toxic medications like avoidance of daily continuous intake of common pain medications (Voveran, Nimulid and Motrin).

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.