Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why do I feel tired and get heartburn in the morning?

Why do I feel tired and get heartburn in the morning?

Q: I am 23 years old. My height is 174 cm and I weigh 63 kg. I am working in BPO. I have acidity problems for the past four years. I took Librax and Ranitine regularly. But for the past 3 months the problems were severe. I experience tiredness along with heart and throat burning sensation, particularly in the morning. If I don't consume food, I feel tired. I don't take oily and spicy food. I used to take chicken and fish sometimes. I have a normal ECG and cardiologist said that everything is fine and advised me to relax mentally. My endoscopy and thyroid tests are normal and I have no sugar complaint. I consume 1-2 litres of water daily. Sometime I feel dizziness, particularly in morning. How to overcome this? Please suggest a suitable food habit and medicines.

A:Your symptoms are suggestive of gastro esophageal reflux. The following eating habits might help. -Avoid prolonged fasting. -Have some thing to eat every four hours. -Avoid alcohol and smoking. -Do not eat heavy food at dinner time. -Walk after dinner and sleep at least two hours after dinner. -You may take tab, Rabeprazole 20 mg before dinner for two weeks to get relief of your symptoms.