Why do I feel bloated all the time?
Q: I am 25 years old male weighing 78 kg. I have been experiencing bloated feeling near the left side of my stomach for the last two to three years. I feel that my stomach is full even before eating. I also suffer from irregular motions. At times, I get pain on the left and back side of the stomach. Last year I got endoscopy, clonoscopy, X ray, scan etc done and the results were normal. How can my problem be treated?
A:Your symptoms are suggestive of dyspepsia. You have mentioned that your test done such as endoscopy, colonoscopy etc are normal. In my opinion, you seem to be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Also you are over weight. My suggestions are: -
- Get an ultra sound abdomen if not already done.
- Take high fibre, low fat and low spicy food.
- Take Pantaprozole 40 mg 1 OD before break fast.
- Take Isabgol 2 table spoon at bed time.
- Take tablet Normaxin 1 BD.
- Do regular exercise, weight reduction.