Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Which test can help assess my kidney status?

Which test can help assess my kidney status?

Q: I am a 19 years old man suffering from hypertension for the last 3 years. I take Telsar 40 mg and Corbis-H 5 mg daily, even then my blood pressure is 104/90 mmHg. The doctors have conducted all the tests including Doppler, sonography, M.C.U, etc. All my reports were normal, however, the sonography report showed a small scar on my kidney. Is my diagnosis right? Which test shall I conduct to confirm the same?

A:You should get a dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA) nuclear scan of the kidney to confirm the scar in the kidney. These scars are formed usually below five years of age or in utero. You should control your blood pressure to less than 130/80 mmHg.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com