Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What should I do for Tinea cruris infection?

What should I do for Tinea cruris infection?

Q: I am 24 years old, I have been suffering from Tinea cruris for the past 3 years, this problem has left the skin around my groin scaly, dark and with lesions. I had been prescribed mycoderm powder and lobate M (clobetasol propionate and miconazole nitrate cream). I have been using the cream regularly, the itching and the pain subsides after using the cream but reappears again. What should I do to get rid of this problem once and for all?

A:Relapsing tinea cruris like this require systemic antifungal therapy. One can choose between griseofulvin, fluconazole, itraconazole, or terbinafine. Terbinafine available as Tablet Sebifin 250 mg can be taken once daily for a month or so. To control itching, antihistamine like Tablet Lazine 5mg once a day for first two weeks may be taken. Therapy need to be taken regularly without interruptions.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com