Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What should I do for the scars on my penis?

What should I do for the scars on my penis?

Q: I am a 20 years old boy. I have ulcerative colitis and was on steroids, I then got an infection because of which I got three huge bumps on my penis. I could not stand to look at it so I burst them and pus came out. Its left 3 very visible fleshy looking raised scars on the shaft of my penis. After 3 months the marks are still there and for the 3 months I have not been on steroids. This is causing me a lot of stress and anguish. How can I get rid of these scars. There is no reduction in size or appearance at all. What should I do? I have taken Amoxicillin twice, ciprofloxacin, and augmentin for the infection but it did nothing for the scars.

A:There is no medical treatment for these scars except waiting. In your case I will advise you to wait for at least six months before surgically scars can be removed. There are no medicines for scar removal.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.