Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is wrong with my child's testis?

What is wrong with my child's testis?

Q: My son is eight months old. Only one of his testes is visible in the scrotum. What could be the reason? Whom should I consult? Is there some specialist for male reproductive systems in India? Do I need to consult a child specialist or a surgeon? Will he be able to live a normal sex life when he grows older?

A:Your child appear to have undescended testis on one side. This is a common condition among boys. You need to consult a paediatric surgeon (surgeon who operates on children) in your town. Your child will need an operation at about 1 year of age to bring the testicle down. There should be no major long term concerns about sexual function or fertility.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com