Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is the treatment for varicose vein in the testis?

What is the treatment for varicose vein in the testis?

Q: I am a 33 years old man who had an attack of filariasis 15 years back as a result of which the right side of my testis was inflamed and it was paining while driving a two-wheeler. The doctor prescribed me medicines and it became fine. But when the treatment was over I started to have pain in my right testis again and when I checked it again with the doctor he said I am having varicose veins in my right testis. This seems to be an after effect of having filariasis. Most of the time I just ignore this pain. I get pain this sometimes when it is cold or hot. When I have sex or even masturbate, after I ejaculate the gland under the right side of my testis becomes hard, but after some time it comes back to the normal spongy state.

  1. What is the cure for these varicose veins?
  2. Why is the membrane under my testis becoming hard after I ejaculate on my right side?

    A:Most common cause of testicular pain (called orchalgia) is trauma or inflammatory conditions. Both occur acutely and subside after a period of time with treatment. Chronic orchalgia may occur due to varicocoele or chronic prostatitis, both of which have been diagnosed in your case at different times. Other causes of testicular pain could be referred pain, as occurs in cases with ureteric stones. Answers to your pointed queries are:

    1. There is no medical treatment for varicocoele. You may use tight undergarments and avoid prolonged standing to avoid discomfort associated with varicocoele. Surgery for varicocoele has no correlation with impotence.

    2. Reference to "gland" under your scrotum is vague, and it needs to be examined by a Urologist who would be able to explain its significance.


................... Advertisement ...................




Using 0 of 1024 Possible characters
Choose Topic

Latest stories

Florida: Diabetics Selling Insulin And Testing Supplies In Black Market

Tue, 26 Sep 2017 17:30:43 IST
In Florida, diabetes patients are indulging in black marketing and illegal selling of their insulin and testing supplies and are trying to making a fortune out of their medical condition.

Tamil Nadu: Women Lack Access To Contraceptive Options

Tue, 26 Sep 2017 16:30:44 IST
One of the most urbanized states of the country, Tamil Nadu has witnessed an eight percent decrease in the use of all forms of contraceptives in the last decade. This decline in contraceptive use is bad news for women.

Yoga Can Hurt If Not Done Properly, Say Experts

Tue, 26 Sep 2017 15:30:15 IST
Where yoga is known to be a great healer and a contributor in improving physical strength and body flexibility, it can also have adverse effects if not done properly. Deepak Jha, yoga expert, has pointed out certain health problems you may face if you practice yoga poses incorrectly.

Marijuana Helps In Avoiding Hard Drugs, Study; Health Benefits Of Marijuana

Tue, 26 Sep 2017 13:30:36 IST
Marijuana may in fact prevent people from progressing to harder drugs like cocaine or ecstasy, as per scientists. Know the rare health benefits of marijuana.

Maharashtra: Anganwadi Workers Continue To Strike, Parents and Children Suffer

Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:30:24 IST
Anganwadi workers have been on strike across the entire state of Maharashtra since September 11th, and this, of late, has started bothering the parents of children who rely on these anganwadis for their daily meals. The children have now resumed eating home-cooked meals and are even resorting to cheap, junk food.