Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is the treatment for enlarged prostate?

What is the treatment for enlarged prostate?

Q: I am a 62 years old diabetic man having problem in passing the urine. The flow is not continuous and it takes a lot of time to urinate. My prostrate is slightly enlarged and I am taking Contifloicon 0.4 mg for the same for the last 6 months. I am also taking medicines for diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol. Now I am suffering slight pain in my left leg and it gives a feeling of interrupted blood flow. Please advise.

A:Prostate gland, sitting around the bladder neck, caused obstructed urinary flow with advancing age. Treatment for the problem is medical or surgical. Medical treatment consists of alpha-blockers, like the medication that you a recurrently taking, and 5 alpha reductase inhibitors. Latter group of drugs are prescribed to shrink prostate gland if your gland is bulky. Your treating Urologist may decide on the need for this drug in combination with first one. There are factors, and men, who do not respond to medications very well, and may have to be treated with surgery. Your complaint of decreased blood flow in your legs could be serious, and may happen in diabetics. You must see a physician to investigate this aspect for further advice.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com