Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is the treatment for a persistent headache?

What is the treatment for a persistent headache?

Q: I am a 34 years old woman having a problem of headache, which continues for a day or two when it occurs. Lastly I have to take a medicine. I feel nausea and don't want to eat anything during that period. For the last four or five months I am observing that it happens mostly during periods. How can I get rid of this problem?

A:Your symptoms are suggestive of Migraine. Please do the following:

1. Identify factors which start the headache (triggers) especially those which are avoidable e.g. red wine, hunger, Ajinomoto, chocolates, cheese, lack of sleep, bright light, loud noise, etc.
  2. If there are no contraindications (conditions, that forbid the use of beta blockers e.g. slow heart rate, bronchial asthma) by your family/local physicians then take a tablet Betacap Tr 40 mg everyday irrespective of headache.
  3. Again at the onset of headache and in consultation with your physician take a tablet Naxdom 250 mg on an SOS basis.
Your symptoms may become less and disappear with time. Do consult your local doctor.