Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is the cause of frequent muscle pulls?

What is the cause of frequent muscle pulls?

Q: I often get a muscle pull on my right shoulder. When this happens I am unable to do anything with that hand. It happens for a fraction of a second two or three times a day. I don't have any major ailments. Please advise.

A:One needs to understand your problem better. Is it just a freezing of the muscles - a cramp? Is it an abnormal involuntary movement? Cramps may occur for no apparent reason or be related to fall in serum calcium/magnesium. Abnormal movements like dystonia may also be due to variety of reasons and need a different treatment approach. In fact if the whole episode is so transient, it may not be worth treating it since the side effects of the medicines used would outweigh the advantages of treatment.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.