Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is safe for dry cough during pregnancy?

What is safe for dry cough during pregnancy?

Q: I am 22 weeks pregnant and suffering from sinusitis and dry cough for the past week. I am having severe bouts of cough. I am worried as to whether the baby will be harmed due to my coughing. My doctor has suggested I use linctus codeine but when I surfed the net, I found that it isn't very safe for the fetus. I am doing steam inhalations and gargling but this is of not much help. What should I do?

A:For dry cough during pregnancy, the best option is to do frequent steam inhalations. You can put Sinarest Vapocaps in the water. I hope you are already taking folic acid which is mandatory during pregnancy to prevent malformations in the baby.