Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What causes fever after angioplasty?

What causes fever after angioplasty?

Q: My 62 years old father suffered from heart attack a few days back. Angioplasty was performed on the LCA and a stent placed. After 24 hours of angioplasty, he is getting fever (100 degree Fahrenheit). What causes fever after angioplasty?

A:Without direct access to patient unfortunately, it is very difficult to give a definitive opinion. In generic terms, fever may come because of the heart attack it self and may last for a few days and then go a way spontaneously. Some times fever may be reactionary to the drugs and extraneous material used during stenting and lastly unrelated causes like infection, malaria or any other such cause may be responsible for fever. I therefore feel, your treating doctor would be the best person to answer this query as to the cause of the fever. I hope, we have answered your questions to your satisfaction, but if you have any doubts, please feel free to contact us and it shall be our pleasure to answer them.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.