Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What care should I take for Dubin-Johnson syndrome?

What care should I take for Dubin-Johnson syndrome?

Q: I am a liver patient since birth and had jaundice when I was 3 days old. I took ayurvedic medicines till the age of 6-7 years. Now I have developed chronic constipation problem and have been detected to have Dubin-Johnnson syndrome. What care should I take?

A:Dubin Johnson syndrome is congenital lack of an enzyme in the liver responsible for bile metabolism. This can cause mild jaundice but there is very little one can offer as defintive treatment. People with this problem can feel tired especially when they get other infections like virus etc. You should, as far as possible, live a normal life and get a specialist advice to ensure that you have no other infections that may affect the liver.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com