Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What are the side effects of Methylcobalamin?

What are the side effects of Methylcobalamin?

Q: Can I take 1500 mcg of Methylcobalamin tablet, as a single dose in a day and for 3 months? I was prescribed this antioxidant by my doctor. I have mild hypertension 125/90 mm Hg.

A:A very large clinical study called Copenhagen trial has found that anti-oxidants not only do no good, but can actually be harmful. Claims by drug companies of beneficial effects have been found to be without any basis. NDTV had carried a news analysis of this study a few weeks ago. The use of such medicines is not recommended. In any case a person with BP of 125/90 needs no medication.