Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Should I undergo TB PCR test?

Should I undergo TB PCR test?

Q: I am a 28 years old female, taking infertility treatment for the last two and a half years. I am unable to conceive. I have undergone USG, HSG, follicle tests and recently I have undergone laparoscopy and the report says both my tubes are blocked. Now my doctor has asked me to undergo TB PCR test. Will it benefit me? The doctor says that IVF is the last option. Is it so?

A:Yes, it is good to have endometrial biopsy for TB PCR. In fact they could have done a tubal biopsy for same test. If both tubes are blocked, depending upon the condition of tubes etc, it is good to go in for IVF. But before that it is important to have endometrial biopsy for TB PCR and hysteroscopy- it is best to get this done in the clinic where the IVF will be done.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com