Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Should I change my medicine if I want to conceive?

Should I change my medicine if I want to conceive?

Q: I had a chocolate cyst 4 years back, so got it operated laparoscopically. I then took some hormonal injection for a year, once in three months. I then started to take Duoluton-L daily. After this I started taking Ginette 35. I am married now. Can you please explain me the actions of Ginette 35 as my doctor suggested this to be a good family planner and I need to take a different tablet if I want to conceive.

A:Ginette 35 is the brand name of a combination product that contains two hormones: Cyproterone and Ethinylestradiol. It is an oral contraceptive (OC) pill and prevents pregnancy. It is specifically meant for females where there is excess formation of androgens (male hormones) that lead to acne and mild signs and symptoms of hirsutism (such as unwanted hair on face). All females produce some quantity of androgens; the problem is that it should not be more than normal.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com