Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Kochs infection

Kochs infection

Q: I suffered from Kochs infection two and a half year back and continued to take medicine for two years. Last month i was diagnosed to be suffering from arthritis. I would like to know if there is any link between the two conditions and also what are the chances of getting the Kochs infection again.

A:I assume you are referring to 'Koch's infection'- which is another term for Tuberculosis. There is always the possibility that Tuberculosis may reappear later on, but if the initial infection has been treated adequately, this should be a remote possibility. There is no direct link between Tuberculosis two years ago and the arthritis attack. However, some times joints can get inflamed if there is any untreated or uncontrolled infection. If there are any unresolved complaints, I suggest you see a physician - preferably a rheumatologist, to sort out the problem.