Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Is there any cure for swollen parotid gland?

Is there any cure for swollen parotid gland?

Q: Is there any permanent cure for my swollen parotid gland? My CT scan report says that there is stone in my parotid gland. I am on antibiotics from last one month but no relief. Please help.

A:If the stone is in the duct or in the substance of the gland and the infection does not clear after antibiotics, then you may have to see an ENT surgeon who is competent in Parotid Surgery. There are newer methods now to remove stones from the duct like microendoscopy etc. For the stone in the gland, you may have to have it removed surgically.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com