Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Is my son suffering from a reflux disorder?

Is my son suffering from a reflux disorder?

Q: My son is 21 years old. He was complaining of stomach belching. Recently, he had an endoscopy done and the doctor said that the stomach valve tube is weak/loosened and prescribed him to take medicines for 3 months. Is this a serious problem and can it be treated?

A:From your case description it is clear that your son is suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). This is quite a common problem. In most cases, the symptoms can be controlled with certain life style measures and medications, if needed. These life style measures include: avoiding fatty and spicy meals, not taking a large meal in one go, avoiding cola beverages, not to lie down within an hour of taking a meal, keeping head end of bed up by a brick, avoid smoking, etc. The medications are acid suppressants and prokinetics, which can be prescribed by your treating doctor.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com