Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Is excessive activity during pregnancy prohibited?

Is excessive activity during pregnancy prohibited?

Q: I am a 24 years old working-woman and pregnant for the first time (6 months). My office is nearly 38 kms from my house. I have to catch two suburban trains, cross three over bridges (having atleast 100 steps each up & down) and walk around 2 Km per day. Is it advisable to do so? Sometimes I feel mild abdominal pain through out the day, which vanishes the second day.

A:I think as long as you don't get very exhausted you can definitely continue with the same. It will give you a good amount of exercise, which is very helpful in an uncomplicated pregnancy. However, always have a little extra time in hand so that you can slow down if you have a problem with the usual speed of walking. You can continue this till you feel okay walking.