Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Is disc injury a cause for my erectile dysfunction?

Is disc injury a cause for my erectile dysfunction?

Q: I had a lumbar disc injury, which had a significant impact on my sex life. I don't have much pain but there is slight discomfort. I am having considerable difficulty in getting erection and the penis is very weak and withered when flaccid. All urological testing has been taken and are good. The disc injury L3/L4 4mm X 18mm protrusion, L4/l5 3mm X 13 mm protrusion, L5/S1 3mm X 12 mm protrusion. Their is encroachment of these nerve roots. Why am I having erection problems? What should I do to make it better?

A:Spinal cord injuries are among the commonest causes of organic erectile dysfunction. The cause usually is neurological and due to nerve compression as in your case. Most cases will respond to the new PDE5 inhibitor drugs like Viagra. Try these. They work in 70 to 75% of cases. If not, you will need proper andrological evaluation of your erections.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.