If a child swallows a piece of plastic, how will it come out?
Q: My baby is 7 months old and yesterday he swallowed a little piece of plastic. I gave him a banana to pass the plastic by stool. Is this dangerous for my baby? He is not crying but sleeping well at night. Today morning, I checked for the plastic in the stool but it was not there. What do I do?
A:If he has no symptoms, then there is no cause for worry. It may take between 2-10 days for the piece to pass in the stools. In any case, you do not need to examine his stools each day. All these ingested foreign bodies always pass out once they cross into the stomach.