Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to treat chronic renal failure?

How to treat chronic renal failure?

Q: My brother has chronic renal failure with a BUN of 196 and creatinine of 14. I am presently in Goa. Now doctors tell me that a gland in the brain is causing further damage including the rise in BP-210/90 of late. This has come to my notice only last March 2002. We are worried for him and want to save his life. We are not too sure if a kidney transplant will save his life. Please advise. Thanks, Neetu

A:You must meet a nephrologist. There are good chances that your brother will live a good life after transplant. The gland in the brain may need to be tackled first or after transplant. High BP may be due to renal failure itself.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com