Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to treat advanced pancreatic cancer?

How to treat advanced pancreatic cancer?

Q: A lump has developed on the head of pancreas and after doing sonography and MRI, doctors are suspecting cancer and suggesting an operation for making a byepass for bile to save the patient from severe jaundice in the near future. Kindly suggest if surgery is advisable or not.

A:If the lump has been confirmed to be cancer of the pancreas and the doctors feel that it is too advanced to be removed, a surgical bypass to relieve the jaundice is definitely an option. Sometimes this bypass can be done by the endoscopic route depending on individual circumstances. You must consult a gastroenterologist to find out whether this possible.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com