Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to manage a urethral stricture?

How to manage a urethral stricture?

Q: I am a thirty year old male. I was operated for a small stone in the kidney about 11 years back and the surgeon had inserted a catheter for ten days. Following this, I got a stricture because of which I have problem while passing urine . Sometimes I get severe too. I contacted the doctor who had opertated and he advised dilatation three times. Because of the process I got scared and contacted a homeopath who gave me some medicines for the last seven year. On taking them I am able to pass urine with much difficulty but I can avoid dilatation. Is there any permanent solution in urology. I contacted one or two urologists who said that even with sugery there is only a 50:50 chance of permanent cure. Please advise me.

A:You have urethral stricture. All symptoms are due to obstruction to urine flow. Repeated dilatation is the treatment of choice, Internal urethrotomy gives better results. This is simple procedure.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com