Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to maintain a regular sleep pattern?

How to maintain a regular sleep pattern?

Q: I am 10 years old. I am studying in INDIAN SCHOOL, MUSCAT (Sultanate of OMAN). My problems are: 1) My school begins at 7:10 A.M. so I have to get up at 5:30 A.M. and I go to sleep at 10.00-10.30 P.M. I find it difficult to get up in the morning. Why? 2) In the morning at 6.15 A.M. I cannot eat anything. What shall I eat at that time? I drink a glass of milk. Is it sufficient for me? 3) I offten get leg pain. Why? 4) I am short (128 cm) and some in my class tease me. How can I become tall? What shall I do?

A:At your age you need about 7-8 hours of sleep at night. Therefore if you sleep at 10 P.M. you should be OK to get up at 5.00 to 5.30 A.M. Try and have a relaxed breakfast - a glass of milk should be all right, provided you have a further snack mid-morning. Normally, we cannot control our height. But get a medical check up to see if there could be any medical reason for your not gaining height.