Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to clean wax or crusts in the nose?

How to clean wax or crusts in the nose?

Q: I have cold from past 2 months. During the night, in sleep I feel very difficult to breathe. I am getting blood while taking out the wax in nose.I am taking Elina and Actified but after a week again I suffer with the same. I have very dry cold, I feel to remove the wax every time. For that I put vaseline in to the nose so that I can prevent. I consulted the doctor, he says that there is no extra bone in the nose also.

A:The reason this wax or crusts form in your nose is because your mucous layer of the nose is sticky and gets dried up fast. On top of it you are using Actifed and Elina, which dry up the mucosa further. You should avoid cleaning the crusts with fingers, etc because every crust, if removed, leaves an ulcer, which will bleed. So this is what you should do: 1. Clean nose daily with a solution of home available Baking powder (1 spoon full) and mix it in one glass of luke warm water. Do this daily twice or thrice. 2. Apply vaseline or any cream only at night time. 3. Use a nasal drop containing Normal saline like Nasoclear etc. - this makes the mucous layer alkaline and thus will help you . 4. Try going for steam inhalation at night to ease breathing during sleep.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.