Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How much time is required for sperm counts to increase after varicocoele operation?

How much time is required for sperm counts to increase after varicocoele operation?

Q: We are married for 2 years but have no child. We both underwent tests. Mine is normal, but the problem was found with my husband.My husband's sperm count is 3 million. He had the problem of varicocoele which was operated by laproscopy. How much time does it take for the sperm counts to increase after operation? Can I become pregnant now? Please reply soon as I am very desperate to have a child. Savitha

A:A count of 3 million is not a very bad situation. It is bound to increase further after a successful operation for varicoele. Usually it takes 6-12 weeks before you see the response. If you still do not succeed you could take help of some fertility clinic and get inseminated with your own husbands sperms.