Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can painful menses be treated?

How can painful menses be treated?

Q: I am a 26 years old married woman who gets severe pain on the first day of menstruation along with yellowish discharge, vomiting and giddiness. I feel tired too on that day. I have a regular cycle of 27 days. Before marriage also I had the same problem. I want to conceive. The doctor scanned my uterus and my husband had a semen analysis test done and both are normal. What are my chances of conception? How can my menstruation problem be treated?

A:Painful periods (medically known as dysmenorrhoea) can be quite common. Since you seem to have been investigated by an ultrasound, which is reported normal - the best option is to see your gynaecologist to help you plan your pregnancy. Painful periods usually signify that ovulation is taking place, which is in favour of fertility and should not get in the way of getting pregnant.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com