Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can obstructive sleep apnoea be treated?

How can obstructive sleep apnoea be treated?

Q: My 46 years old wife has high blood pressure and is suffering from obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA). She snores loudly and feels difficulty in breathing while sleeping. She also goes to sleep in daytime any time even while talking over the phone with someone. She can't keep awake in day time even in car on sitting in the chair. How can OSA be treated?

A:All the symptoms that you describe indicate OSA (obstructive sleep apnoea). For this you need to get an overnight sleep study (polysomnogram) done which can confirm the presence of OSA and indicate the severity. Once it is confirmed then it can be managed. For all this you need to see a physician specializing in sleep medicine.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com