Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can I correct my drooping shoulders?

How can I correct my drooping shoulders?

Q: I have drooping shoulders. What is the cause for it and how my shoulders come back to the normal position? I have recently joined a gym. Can shoulder exercises help me in any way?

A:There are a number of reasons why shoulders droop. It could be due to incorrect posture, weak upper back muscles, the habit of stooping because you are too tall, etc. You can do the following exercises particularly for the upper back BUT you must also workout the rest of the body so that there is stability and balance in your self:

• Push-ups
  • Rowing for the muscles in the upper back
  • Upright rows for the muscles in the shoulders
  • Shoulder press for the deltoids

• RELATED FAQ

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.