Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can fluid accumulation in the testis be treated?

How can fluid accumulation in the testis be treated?

Q: I am a 22 years old boy having problem in my right testis for the last 3 years. I am habituated to masturbation for the last 6-7 years. I was hit on my testis by a cricket ball three-four times and the pain lasted for 5-10 min and then disappeared. The doctor suggested an ultrasound after which he diagnosed it as hydrocoele. My right testis is swollen and has become hard and tough, it is painless but during jerks I feel the pain. I have tried Banocide forte but it only removed the fluid. But the swelling is still there and the testis is not coming back to its original size. The doctor told me that it is gone and has become infertile just by holding it. I consulted another doctor who told me that I have hydrocoele after seeing the colour doppler report. He said it could be treated by surgically removing the fluid, which has accumulated. Is it really due to fluid accumulation? What are the adverse effects of this surgical procedure?

A:Fluid accumulation around testis is called hydrocele and may occur following trauma, as well as following some inflammatory conditions. Irrespective of the etiology, the fluid will keep on accumulating and has to be guided out to get absorbed at some other place by an operative procedure to permanently cure it. While small hydrocele are common and may not require treatment, larger collections and those associated with physical disability or infertility may have to be treated surgically. While common procedure is called eversion of sac, there are many other surgical procedures. Your treating doctor would be able to explain the procedures as well as advantages and disadvantages of all alternatives.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com