Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can extra-renal pelvis be treated?

How can extra-renal pelvis be treated?

Q: I am a 36 years old woman and in my ultrasound it was found that I have mild extra-renal pelvis on the right side. I have upper flank pain too on the right side. Are these associated or could they be separate conditions as my ultrasound also showed a mild diffuse increased echogenicity of the liver?

A:Extra-renal pelvis is a normal anatomical variation and is not a disease state. The label of extra renal pelvis may be used only after excluding any obstructive pathology since mild dilatation of an obstructing pathology like stone may mimic normal extra renal pelvis. You must see a Urologist who may decide to have further investigations like CT Urogram or a scan to define the dilatation further.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com