Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can enlarged scrotum be treated?

How can enlarged scrotum be treated?

Q: I am a 24 years old male, recently had varicocoelectomy on the left side of the scrotum. I thought I would regain the normal shape of scrotum after the surgery but the doctor had operated just the abdomen area saying that he had removed unwanted blood vein. But the size of the left scrotum is still as it was before the surgery. The doctor says that taking out the extra veins from scrotum might lead to infertility. I want to get rid of this enlarged scrotum. What do I do?

A:Enlarged scrotum in your case could be due to enlarged veins as well as collection of water around your testis called hydrocoele. Some people may even accumulate water around testis following varicocoele surgery. Varicocoele is not a disease and it is usually treated either for dull aching pain or associated infertility problem, and not cosmetic correction. I do not know the indication for which varicocoelectomy was done for you and the discussion that you had with your treating doctor before surgery but, certainly, your aspirations and the goal of your treating surgeon was not the same. While he treated you to stop the reversal of flow in your scrotal veins by dividing the offending veins, your primary aim seemed to be cosmetic correction. You must go to your physician and discuss with him your problem. He may get an ultrasound of your scrotum done to find the cause of your enlarged scrotum, and tell you the treating options if available.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com