Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Does my grand-daughter need surgery for bilateral microtia?

Does my grand-daughter need surgery for bilateral microtia?

Q: My grand child is suffering with bilateral microtia since birth. She is 3 months old. Doctor have advised to use BAHA, so that her development will be normal. Where can be done? I understand it needs surgery.

A:If the ENT specialist tells you that the middle ear and the inner ear is not developed along with the microtia, then only you may need some assisted device, like BAHA. If the middle ear is well developed and there is only some conduction deafness, then a surgery on the canals can be contemplated. It needs a thorough evaluation like CT scan, MRI, BERA etc. All leading centres have this facility. Your local ENT specialist will be the best guide.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com