Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Do pus cells in the semen prevent conception?

Do pus cells in the semen prevent conception?

Q: My sperms count is 150 million, 85% motility and there are 1 to 3 pus cells in my semen. I consulted my doctor who told me that the report is ok but pus cells are preventing conception. She did not gave me any medicine for pus cells and said they will disappear automatically, as it was 8 to 10 in the first report and after taking some medicine, they reduced to 1 to 3. Please prescribe me some medicines for pus cells and tell me if pregnancy is possible with 1 to 3 pus cells in semen?

A:Your semen report is very good. Better than most men. Get your wife checked up. If she is normal, go for IUI which will be explained to you by the gynaecologist. 1-3 pus cells are absolutely normal. Stop thinking about pus cells till it is upto 10 or more.